- Professional grade craftsmanship and components
- All Inclusive, complete, and ready out of the box
- 3D Mesh Inner Lining and Shoulder Pads
- Soft loop Velcro surface on all webbing for versatility
- Upper & Lower Admin Pockets w/ Hypalon tabs and Elastic Dividers
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps & Removable Shoulder Pads
- Impact Resistant made in the USA buckles
- Adjustable and Removable Cummerbund w/ Hypalon Pulls, Eyelets, and Shock Cord
- Adjustable and Removable inner side retention straps, can be worn in conjunction with cummerbund for added retention
- Easily adjusts from Medium to Large body types
- Built in side plate pouches
- Inner plate retention straps for proper armor vital coverage
- Offset rear shoulder strap improve armor placement
- Low Profile Reinforced Drag Handle
- Genuine Cordura 500D Nylon
- Reinforced stitching and bar-tacks through all high stress points and webbing
- Construction: 500D Cordura, 3D Mesh Technology, impact resistant buckles, genuine Velcro, and mil-spec webbing
- Stitching: Reinforced Bar-tack, double stitching, and double backed stitching
- Thread: High strength bonded thread
- Weight: 3lbs 6.5 ounces
- Armor Compatibility: Standard 10” x 12” or 11” x 14” body armor in variants to include Steel, Ceramic, Polyethylene, soft or hard construction.
When experience, persistence, and theory collide, man-made evolution flourishes. The AR500 Armor® Testudo™ plate carrier changes the game once again in its new Generation 2 form. Welcome back Testudo™. The larger companion to our Veritas™ modular plate carrier, we follow suit and stick with our core principals of professional grade armor carriers with unrivaled value and craftsmanship, using superior components. Now marking the second addition to our signature plate carrier line-up. You will not be disappointed.
Unique to the Testudo™, it is capable of accommodating either 10” x 12”, or large 11” X 14” body armor of any type. With a fully adjustable cummerbund and shoulder straps, the Testudo™ is versatile and viable for large or medium body types. Rugged side retention buckles and straps are included. Each side removeable for user adjustable level of retention and comfort, compatible with or without cummerbund installed. We retain a lightweight and durable profile by using genuine 500D Cordura nylon for construction. Strategic lower-offset rear shoulder mounts position the rear plate pocket higher, alleviating the traditional “low hanging” rear plate pocket as seen on carriers that lost sight of proper armor placement. Inner plate retention straps on both pockets further ensure ideal body armor ride height for optimal vital coverage.
3D Mesh Technology dramatically increases ventilation and air-flow for a cooling and comfort improving effect, located on both body facing inner linings, and the removeable shoulder pads. Shoulder pads also feature our tri-loop guides and attachment points. Soft loop Velcro lines all webbed sections for added versatility and mounting options. The heavy duty drag handle is fortified by engaging down the rear portion of the plate carrier. Reinforced Bar-tack, double, and double backed stitching throughout contract durability.
Dual admin pockets increase storage capacity, both featuring Hypalon easy-to-grip pull tabs for reliable access. The upper admin pocket features elastic divider retention straps while the lower is designed to accommodate our improved Kangaroo magazine pouch insert. Impact resistant buckles are manufactured in the USA and add at least four toughness points in critical areas.
The Testudo™ cummerbund front flap boasts generous Hypalon tabs for easy actuation and adjustment. Fully adjustable for girth and larger frames, the cummerbund has been reinforced with Hypalon eyelet pass-throughs and heavy-duty shock cord, allowing optimal expansion and retention when adjusted. Side plate compatible as sold, the built-in cummerbund side plate pouches accept 6 x 6”, or 6” x 8” side plates of any armor type.
Derived from years of customer feedback, experience, and understanding, the Generation 2 Testudo™ is all inclusive and on point, ready to protect the warrior out of the gate. Perfection delivered with no additional accessories required, except armor of course.
The Testudo™ front and rear plate pockets are compatible with our Trauma Plate Insert. This insert allows user configurable in conjunction armor systems to be created. The Trauma Plate Insert accommodates 6” x 6”, 6” x 8”, and 8” x 10” body armor, and attaches to a dedicated attachment point in each plate pocket
IMPORTANT: Orders for Alaska and Hawaii free fees apply. No free shipping to Alaska or Hawaii. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Purchased this plate carrier in both the Multi-Cam & Black color scheme. Received my products along with Level III+ armor within 10 days of ordering and could not be happier !!! James and staff did an excellent job in both helping me select my product and ensuring I received in a timely manner, I could not have asked for a better customer service experience and the products were everything they were described to be. In my opinion the Self Defense Products Team is top notch and the line of products offered are both quality and cost effective.
Exactly what I needed with the built in map pouch and admin pouch. Amazing customer support with this company, would recommend to anyone to order through selfdefenseproductsinc.
AR500 Testudo Plate Carrier Multicam Gen 2
Great quality very fast delivery
Excellent Plate Carrier, very comfortable, nice 3D mesh make it breathe and keep the back of the trauma packs away from your body, very modular. A lot of features, pockets, nice MultiCam colors and patterns, side pockets, very strong velcro, good adjustability and lightweight. BETTER YET, THE PRICE I PAID FOR, LESS THAN $155 FOR THIS MULTICAM EDITION, FOR MY SELF DEFENSE PRODUCTS INC IS THE BEST.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.